- Day Shift
- Wages based on experience
- Additional Benefits
The Industrial Mechanic/Millwright will work with our Production, Quality and Maintenance Team to increase uptime, support and develop equipment improvements, and work to keep our machines and equipment in like new condition. He/she will be responsible for implementing/developing preventative/predictive maintenance processes and developing/managing our inventory of critical spares.
Job Specific Duties:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair machine/equipment issues on the Production and Whse floor
- Develop preventative and predictive maintenance activities for all Production and Whse equipment
- Ensure preventative maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner
- Assist with determining continuous improvement opportunities in the plant in order to improve productivity and labor efficiencies
- Aid in root cause analysis for throughput and bottleneck issues throughout the plant as well as working with our Quality Team when specific customer complaints arise related to equipment, tooling or process issues.
- Assist with identifying and maintaining our maintenance critical spares inventory
- Support and assist in 5S activities
- Willing to work OT to support vacation coverage and after hours call-ins as required
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment
- Make recommendations and provide support for quality/efficiency improvements with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Liaise with outside suppliers and service providers as required
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
- Report to your Supervisor the absence or defect in any equipment or protective device of which you are aware and which may endanger yourself or another worker
- Report to your Supervisor any contravention of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations or the existence of any hazard you observe
- Comply with all MBRP Policies and Procedures
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Licensed Industrial Millwright.
- Reads, interprets and understands mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematic drawings.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
- Experience troubleshooting/maintaining computer assisted machines, i.e. Tube Benders, Rod Benders, Robotic Welders etc. is an asset.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers is an asset.
- Licensed Electrician is an asset.